Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Flash Back...




A couple of weekends ago I went to the movies with a couple of friends of mine. Now I will get to what we went to see later....We went to The Diana Theater in Tipton, IN, a small town theater that shows 1 movie at a time. I grew up going to the movies at this place, that was just the thing to do (well one of the only things!) during my middle school/early high school years. After the move it seemed like every teenager in town would walk the block to the local pizza place called "Pizza Shack". I really love these memories, after all we did it almost every single weekend especially after the roller skating rink closed :( So anyway, a couple of weekends ago me and some friends decided to go see the new High School Musical 3 movie. Yes, you read that right! I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that I love these movies, mainly because it's a musical and who doesn't love musicals, and partly because it's cheesy and I love cheesy stuff like that! Now I haven't been to this theater in a good 17 to 18 years. I walked in and I was back in 8th grade. Looking around in amazement, everything looked just like it did all those years ago and I loved that. The big kicker was that when I got up to the little booth that has always been there, to pay, it was the same ole guy still taking the money. When I saw this I let out a big "NO WAY!" and my friend knew exactly what I was talking about and she started laughing. She has been there several times in her adult life, now taking her kids. I really couldn't believe that the theater had survived all those years, with me being away for so long I guess I had just assumed it would close eventually. but oh no, it's still going strong! My friend even said there is sometimes a line outside depending on the movie. Pizza Shack hasn't changed much either, I still say they have the best salads I have ever had and I missed them when I lived in TN. I'm glad I can get one now whenever the mood strikes me. There is something addictive about them even my husband thinks so now. So there is my little trip down memory lane, one that I am excited to visit again!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

No way! We were just talking about Pizza Shack last week and how long it has been since we've been back to Indiana! Perfect that you saw HSM3 there, too! Ha! Love it!