Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My favorite childhood memories...


The smell of Strawberry Shortcakes dolls.
Eating spaghettios.
Riding in the basket on my grandma Lois' bike while she peddled us up to the store.
Watching my grandma Daisy "put on her face" (makeup!) at the kitchen table with her big lighted mirror.
Watching my grandpa Spanky make his Christmas cookies.
Singing to Olivia Newton-John albums at the top of my lungs with my friend Jenny.
Thinking I could dance exactly like Michael Jackson.
Spending the weekends at my grandma Daisy's campground with my cousins.
Slumber parties.
Staying home sick from school at my grandma Lois' and watching the price is right with her.
Riding my bike everywhere.
Spending as much time as I could at our small town roller skating rink with Lisa and Jessica and we were some good skaters! It makes me sad that it isn't there anymore...
Going to Kings Island amusement park every summer.
Learning how to ride a bike and crashing into a big oak tree. (The big scar on the top of my foot is a good reminder!)
Watching my older sisters fix their hair and put makeup on and thinking they were so cool!
Spending the night with my cousin Carrie.
How no matter where we lived, even if it wasn't very nice looking on the outside, my mom could make it look so good on the inside.

No comments: