Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Tis' the season...


This picture was taken last week....happy healthy babies....this week...not so much! My poor babies have a stomach virus. It started with Lilly two days ago. She woke up at 3am and had gotten sick all over her bed. I cleaned her up, changed her and put her in bed with us and Brad and I spent the rest of the night sitting her up to get sick in a little pan he kept on his night stand :( I could always tell when she was getting ready to be sick because she would start crying right before. The next day she acted a little better, only getting sick two more times and drinking half of her bottles at each feeding, she didn't want food at all. Asher peacefully slept thru all of this both at night time and for naps...until this morning. He was acting just fine so I gave them both a bottle, Lilly drank half again and Asher gulped his down fast as usual, then I heard something and looked and up it all came! He was covered, the floor was covered, it was coming out of his nose...poor guy! I was being so careful not to feed them from the same spoons, dishes, etc....but he still got it. So that was Asher's day today...he spent the day getting sick and rocking with mommy. He was able to keep the last bottle and some oatmeal down. Lilly didn't get sick today but is still not quite acting like herself and doesn't want to eat still. Oh and it's not over....the little angels passed their little virus on to daddy so he has been in bed all day today as well with the same virus. Mommy hasn't gotten it .....yet, but is battling a different virus with a sore throat and coughing. Anyway.....lift up a little prayer for the Beckey home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...they are getting so big! Sorry to hear everyone is sick :(

The Shingletons said...

YEA! I found you! I decided I had better do it while I was thinking about it. Kent said we should have kept the babies today! I told him I wanted to but I didn't want to say anything without asking him first. Now I don't have your phone number. If you get this before you go shopping, call me! We are going bowling and do family Bible study but not until around 7:00. Call me if you want us to watch the twins for awhile. Shawnah 793-2792