Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Lilly is walking!!




Well...not all the time, but she does when she wants to! She started last week taking a few steps here and there and now she will pull herself up to something and I'll look over and she is walking towards me laughing, like "what is this I am doing??" Asher on the other hand thinks it's all a big game. We will stand him up and try and get him to walk to one of us and he takes one step , maybe two and falls into our arms laughing. Lilly is so tiny, she really looks funny walking, almost like she just shouldn't be doing that yet! Another new thing we are trying is getting rid of the bottle, which I have just put off because I knew it wasn't gonna be easy. Lilly doesn't seem to mind when I hand her the sippy cup with milk in it, but Asher on the other hand is not happy about it at all! He takes the cup as soon as I give it to him, and throws it. I'll lay him back to try and make him at least taste what is in it, thinking if he knows it's the same as what is in his bottle, things will all be fine...but nope! he is refusing to drink it unless we put it in a bottle! So now what??? any suggestions? Just keep trying?? Should I put it in a bottle if he won't drink it or just stick with it and not switch back and forth? I'm thinking I should just keep offering the sippy and not switch back to the bottle, but I feel bad because he won't drink it. Anyway....let me know if ya'll have some good ideas!

2 comments:

April said...

YEAH for Lilly!!! Just keep trying to sippy, he will take it eventually! What a lil stinker! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You're in Indiana! Your little peeps are just too adorable! So are you all settled? We really need to try and get together since we are both home all day! I'm starting a new mommy group at my church if you want to get outta the house everyother Friday! Let me know.

It's so fun when they first begin to walk! I love that stage!
Ok, gotta go!
Jenner