Sunday, March 01, 2009

...some random thoughts because it's really late!




Lately I often find myself reading blogs really late at night. I love to read them but sometimes wonder how on earth people find the time to have such amazing, detailed blogs! I'm a bit jealous!! Lately my blog searches have been all about photography. It can be a bit overwhelming trying to take it all in. These blogs I have found have so much information on them and I desperately want to learn it all! My biggest thing right now is finding the time to do it all. I want to know the secret to taking care of twin two year olds all day, cleaning the house, cooking, checking my facebook, blogging, reading blogs, mastering photography, oh and did I mention taking care of myself some where in there? Fitting a shower in or even getting out of my pj's has turned into quite the luxury. I know others find the time to do all of this some how but I am having trouble and it's frustrating! Don't get me wrong I don't hate staying in my pj's all day...mmmm maybe not just every day! I find some blogs that are so fascinating, it almost seems like they would have to spend half of their day (everyday) blogging because there is so much information on them, not to mention the fact that they look amazing! I don't really want to be up at 1am catching up on some of my favorites or trying to type up a half way interesting blog of my own, but that is when I find a moment in my day to do it. Maybe I'm just not managing my time well or maybe it's because I have twin two year olds that demand my attention pretty much all day except for the hour and a half nap (I hope) they take. I could blog then or read blogs or practice my photography or clean the house or take a shower, or read a few chapters in the stack of books on my table I haven't gotten to... How do you fit it all in? What is the secret? Is anyone else as overwhelmed as I am? Ok....all that to say....while I was reading a blog this evening (well 12:30am) I found some really cool actions for photoshop and thought I would post a few pictures that I tried it out on of Lilly and Asher. The name suites it well....vintage. Isn't it cool? ok...no blog reading for me tonight, too tired.

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Just so you know, I don't have time to brush my teeth half the time and I am not sure how to tell you this without making you a bit frightened...but it gets harder and harder for time...not because the kids get harder to deal with but rather, other things take over the time the kids were taking. Isn't it fun to take care of the twins though, I am going to make a recommendation to you...take it for what it's worth...don't worry about the house, don't worry about anything, it will all be there when the kids are long gone. Love on them, forget anything else. It's worth it...it goes by SOOO fast! My twins are starting kindergarten this year...

Scooper said...

Well, I've confessed on my blog that I am the world's worst manager of my time.

I've found that setting small goals helps. And small incentives.

Example: no getting on my computer until I've cleaned the kitchen.

Or...take a quick shower while Cupcake is sleeping and then I can have a second cup of coffee.

My newest way of keeping the kids' bathroom clean ...I clean it while Cupcake is playing in the bath. I can't leave him in there alone so I clean it while he plays. Which means their bathroom gets cleaned at least twice a week. Which may sound like a lot but it gets FILTHY! You'll know what I mean when Asher starts using the big potty. Standing up.

I am still a big time waster. Blogging hasn't helped. But I'm taking baby steps...

Don't beat yourself up. Enjoy your kids. Enjoy taking pictures. The laundry, showers, etc will always be there. Everyone's different. And while we can all learn from each other, you don't have to be like someone else. (I'm still working on this myself.)

Jenny said...

I love these pictures. And Amy...Asher looks so different...older in that picture...starting to look like a boy instead of a baby. :o)

amy b. said...

thanks guys! you are so right. thanks so much for your comments