Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Growing like weeds....or maybe blooming like flowers!














































Lilly and Asher LOVE outside! As most kids do I'm sure. Lately our days have consisted of playing in the yard, blowing bubbles, picking flowers (or dandelions, whatever Lilly can get her hands on) and eating popsicles. Soon we will get out the little pool and I'm sure we will never be able to get them back in the house again! They will be two and a half in July and it's so hard to believe. We still have a few goals to tackle this summer, although they are paci free which is very exciting for me and Brad! No more searching the whole house for paci's when it's nap time and bedtime. No more making sure we have them when we leave the house or hearing Lilly ask for hers a thousand times a day! aahhhhhh.....relief! I still find one here and there around the house and pounce on it before they have a chance to see it. It really wasn't a bad process and Lilly only asked for it a few times after the first night and Asher didn't seem to mind at all. We still have potty training to go but I am in no hurry! I probably should be a bit more concerned about it, but from what I have read 2 and a half to 3 is an ok age to start. I also read not to start before you think they are ready and once you start them in undies to never go back to diapers because it will only take longer. So, we mention it to them every once in a while and have the potty chair in the bathroom. They sit on it when they want but have never left us a surprise yet! Another thing I am waiting on is toddler beds! It's cribs for these two until they can get out of them! I have been lucky in the fact that neither of them have tried to climb out of their crib....yet! I seriously can't imagine switching to toddler beds yet because there is no way Lilly and Asher will stay in them! Anything to get out of going to bed, so that will come in time as well. For now I am enjoying being their mommy and taking lots of pictures of my two beauties! Here are the latest...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, here is some more information on toddler beds.

Scooper said...

They are so cute! Can't wait to see those sweet faces in person soon.

I'd love to talk photography...but I SO don't know anything yet. Still learning and not very quickly.

Have you checked out Pioneer Woman's blog? Or Shutter Sisters? They have great photography tips for real people. You can access PW through my blog. Also, My Charming Kids (also accessed through my blog) just did a post last week on getting blurry backgrounds. I've tried some of her tips a little bit.

Hope you guys are doing well! Looking forward to seeing you soon!