Monday, December 18, 2006

32 weeks! 5 more left...


Just returned from an appt. so thought I would give a quick update on the Beckey twins! First of all about mommy...the Dr. is putting me on medication to slow/stop the contractions and cramping I have been having. I haven't been having horrible ones or anything, just the braxton hicks, but more frequently. So just as a precautionary, because we need the babies to wait to come till 07, I start that medication tonight. He is still reassuring us he thinks the awaited moment will be the 2nd or 3rd week in January. Sleep is a thing of the past for me. I guess in one way it's good because God is preparing me for the sleepless nights ahead that come with having twins. I actually dread laying down and going to bed because the second I lay down I am uncomfortable! That's ok though! I am happy to be doing it for our babies! Daddy update...Brad has been sick since Thursday, so prayers for him are much appreciated. Ok...now for the wee ones. Although we got an ultrasound today, no ultrasound pictures to send out! Neither baby would turn their heads to get even a remotely good picture. The ultrasound tech tried and tried but their heads are just in a position that wasn't "facing the camera". They have shifted a little. Lilly is bottom down now, so she is totally breech. She is sort of diagonal in my belly with her bottom down and head up towards my right. Asher is still laying across my belly, head on the right and bottom on the left, so their little heads are together!! So not only were we not able to get a shot of their faces, but when she moved the ultrasound down and found a hand, little Miss Lilly was giving us the bird! Guess she told us! We are excited about how much they weigh now, Lilly is 4.2 lbs. and Ash is 4.9, so he passed her up again. We do have another appt. next Tues. AND another ultrasound, so maybe this one will be better and we'll have some pictures to share! Well...that's all for now, hope everyone has a Merry Merry Christmas and we'll miss seeing our family! We love you!

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I couldn't be more excited if I tried! I know you can't wait to see sweet Lilly and Asher! I am so happy for you! Did you ask the doctor about the sleep thing?
Sending hugs!