Friday, January 05, 2007

LAST belly pic....and today's Dr. appt. update


Well folks , this is it! My very last belly pic (thank goodness). I was really not even wanting to take this one because who wants their picture taken when you feel this miserable! Just got back from the Dr. and here is the latest...babies look good with Lilly weighing approx. 5.8 and Asher a whopping 6.2! So the time has come...what we have all been waiting for!!! I am scheduled for a c-section (the Dr. said tentatively, but believe me, it's happening!) next Thurs. Jan. 11th. He is putting me on a steriod medication for 3 days to boost the babies lung developement then we go back in next Wed. morning to double check that it's still ago for Thursday. I couldn't have been happier to hear such news!! There is just no explaining how ready I am and the Dr. could for sure tell! He said 36 weeks will be fine for the twins, our goal was 37 weeks, but he said with the help from the steriods, waiting until the 37th week won't make that much of a difference. It's a balance of wanting the very best for the twins, which we do beyond anything else and knowing that I really am to the point where I can hardly move anymore. Brad and I are both so excited and overwhelmed at the same time, just knowing we'll see their precious faces next week! I wonder if they will look anything like I have tried to picture. Well, we'll talk to everyone soon! Keep us in your prayers!! Love to you all!

Amy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! We are praying for you guys! Lets us know what you need!

Aurelia Aurita said...

You may be feeling miserable but you look great!
So,I guess the next picture that you'll post will be of the content of the belly?Hurray,the time has come!MY BEST WISHES!!!
:):):)

Anonymous said...

Amy, Susan and I think you look great! We're praying for you, Brad and the babies.
Rick & Susan

Mike said...

Amy,

You look great! I know you probably don't feel great though. I can't believe that tomorrow is the day!!! I will definitely be praying for your whole family throughout the rest of the week!
love and prayers,
jennifer

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is Amy from Ionia! Mindy has been keeping me up to date on your progress and I'm so excited for you!!! 36 weeks is fantastic, great job. I know you'll do terrific tomorrow, and I'll keep you in my prayers too. Best wishes, and if you need anyone to comiserate with, holler my way!