Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Thoughts from a Dad.

As 2007 opens up, I feel compelled to write a blog on my thoughts of impending parenthood! “Impending” sounds so foreboding doesn’t it? Tonight I was sitting next to Amy watching little bumps and bulges push from her stomach. Eventually I placed my hand on it, as I am usually drawn to do when I see the babies kicking around in there. For eight months now I have “watched” them grow via ultrasound and Amy’s ever-expanding tummy…I feel so close to them already. I know their names even now, before they do. Although there is still much mystery in the waiting, I feel as if I know everything about them. I wonder if they know my voice. Amy and I have read a few books now that recommend reading and singing to your un-born babies…so I have been reading and talking to them and yes occasionally singing a round of “Tomorrow” (from Annie) hoping…longing…for them to know my voice once they come into this great big world. So maybe they will recognize my voice as something familiar, comforting and someday know it as the voice of their father. It has struck me, how very much this must be like our own Heavenly Father’s thoughts toward us. He has known us before we were in our mother’s womb. YOU are known. There are 3,000,000,000 letters in the DNA code in every cell of your body. And no one's DNA is the same. That means that God has created you uniquely and “knows you uniquely”. There is no one like you and there will never be anyone just like you. Now here’s the mind blowing thing: the God of the universe, creator of all things who knows everything about you, has one desire…to be known by YOU. He is that still small voice you hear…longing to be known. -Brad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts Brad! You are going to be an amazing father to Lilly & Asher! God sure knows what He is doing...Thanks for the thought provoking blog!
Tamara (you met me at the Spur58/Solomns Wish concert in Smyrna)