Monday, February 19, 2007

My fussy baby boy


Well, yesterday we tried naps in their crib and Lilly did really well, falling asleep on her own, pretty quick. Ash on the other hand did not. he would fall asleep for not even 5 min. then wake up crying again, he did that until the next feeding for 2 naps in a row. I was trying not to go in and pick him up so he can learn to fall asleep on his own and get used to his crib, so we would go in and rub his belly or head and leave again. This didn't work, so eventually I went and got him, it was just too hard. I know I will get used to leaving them in there, but I guess trying it for the first time was hard with him crying so much. Nights are usually equally as challenging with him either crying after the 8pm and 11pm feedings or after the 11pm and 2am feedings. Sometimes doing the same thing, crying until it's time to eat again. But thank the Lord last night was a good night. He fell asleep pretty quick after all feedings and mommy and daddy were able to get some too! It's really hard when your living in the moment to look beyond and just know that it will get better and not always be like this, I have Brad to keep me grounded, he is way better at seeing it that way. I am so praying that he gets over this quickly and learns that when we lay him down it's time to go to sleep! So this morning they are taking naps in their bouncy seats again, I am going to try the crib for the next nap, but will admit I am nervous because I just want it to go smoothly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad and Amy,

I'm sorry Asher is having such a hard time. I'm sure you're getting plenty of advice, but I just wanted to say that Mason slept in his car seat the second month of his life. He was happiest sleeping there b/c he had some acid reflux. Our pediatrician advised us to try it. Anyway, I think you do whatever it takes to make it through. It's so hard when they can't tell you what they need. Hope you all get some sleep soon.

~Belinda