Sunday, November 12, 2006

27 wk belly pics....




Here are some new pictures of the ever growing belly! I am constantly getting stuff on my shirts now, it has become an everyday occurrence from brushing my teeth in the morning and getting toothpaste on my protruding belly to eating, at least one meal a day will guarantee a stain! The nursery is now full of shower gifts that need to be organized, washed and put away and time is already flying! Sometimes I will look around at what all needs to be done thinking I have all this motivation and energy to do it, and then go lay on the couch instead! Oh there is a small bump in the road that we were made aware of last week in this otherwise greatfully, mild twin pregnancy of mine...I found out I have developed gestational diabetes. So tomorrow Brad goes with me to meet with a diabetes counselor to learn when, what and how much to eat, I have to totally change my diet as well as prick my finger 4 times a day to ck my levels. UGH! The day I found out, I really struggled with the news although I know it goes away in most cases after the pregnancy. I think it was just such a shock to me because everything has been going so well. But I soon realized after a few encouraging talks with family that it's not the end of the world and isn't as devastating as it seemed that day of finding out. I would still appreciate your prayers, I'm sure not looking foward to pricking my fingers 4 times a day! Love to you all!!!

Amy

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So nice to see your blog! The nursery is precious! Glad to see you guys tonight!

Mike said...

Hey Amy,

I too had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies! I in fact had to do shots with both! With Katie it was for only about two months but with Hannah it was the whole pregnancy! It did however go away as soon as the baby was born. The other down side with taking the shots they both had to be in the NICU for about 4-6 hours after birth. I didn't see Katie for about 5 hours and I saw Hannah within about 2 hours. It was a pain to prick the fingers and give myself shots in the belly but it was worth it for the girls. It kept them healthy and safe!
Hope that encourages you a little! When is your due date again? The nursery is so cute! I'm so excited that you will be coming up here more after the babies are born!! We can maybe get together then. Girls are down for naps so I need to get my shower for the day! Love ya,Jenner

Aurelia Aurita said...

Hi Amy!
I prefered to answer to you here than in my blog,where I'm sure you can't understand a word...!
I'm from Greece-a few months ago I accidentally bumped into your belly(joking!:-)),I ment-your blog!and ever since I caught myself waiting for the first pictures of your babies!I visit your blog every now and then to watch your belly growing and share your joy.Even though I don't know you,you seem so happy and in love with your husband and the little ones that it's like a positive energy travells all the way across the Atlantic...I wish you all the best with all my heart!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Oh, congratulations on your twins! Chad told me to visit your blog and I'm so glad I did. God sure has blessed you and twice at that. I can remember all the planning, organizing and anticipation while I was getting ready to have Lucas. It's so much fun but before you know it the babies will be here and you'll miss being pregnant. Enjoy it while you can. Good luck and I'm sending you easy labor vibes!
Angela Otto