Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dr. appt. on Nov. 20th...

Hi everyone, I hope that you all are excited about Thanksgiving coming up! I know I am just because of the 4 day weekend! We will miss being with family this year but our great friends Rob and Gina have invited us over to their house for Thanksgiving, otherwise it would have been Cracker Barrel! So thanks again Rob and Gina, we appreciate it so much. So....we had our appt. yesterday, the ultrasound was great, little Lilly has caught up to her brother and they both weigh about 3lbs 2 ounces!! Our precious little ones are getting so big! Lilly is no longer head down, she moved back to her original position, so they are both laying across my belly (back to bunk bed positions) with heads at opposite ends, so...c-section it is! He said with how big they are and getting, they probably won't move much from this position as far as being head down. So that being confirmed, is fine with us, we were sort of expecting a c-section anyways. Some new developments ...I am showing tiny tiny, small signs of pre-term labor, my uterus is contracting just a little because it thinks with how big it is , it's ready! He measured me and I am measuring what a full term pregnant woman would be with 1 baby....plus 1 month! so 10 months! The signs of pre-term labor are not bad enough for him to put me in the hospital on medication to stop it yet, so that is the good news. He says only about 2-3 more weeks of work for me so Dec. 15th will be my last day here at work. The Dr. said I will notice a big difference in my cramping that I am having if I get plenty of rest and put my feet up with this 4 day weekend coming up. I was trying to walk here at work on my breaks, but no more of that! It made me a little nervous to hear, of course that I am showing small signs of pre-term labor at 28 weeks, so I know we have lots of prayers being lifted up for us and please continue to do so these next few weeks. Ideally the Dr. wants them hopefully to make it to 37 weeks at least. So these babies have got to stay put for now! We believe and know God is completely in control and will see us and the babies thru all of this. We are so incredibly thankful and look so forward to what He has in store for our soon to be family of 4! Check back sometime this weekend for a 29 wk belly picture! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Amy

1 comment:

Aurelia Aurita said...

Hi Amy!
We don't have Thanksgiving here in Greece,but I know about it from all the American tv sitcoms-they are always celebrating Thanksgiving in at least one episode-it must be an important holiday!So,have a nice time!
Don't worry about the c-section,my cousin had one when she was pregnant with her twins(also boy-girl!)and generally it's very common..Take a lot of rest,and everything will be a-ok.
And think about it:next year,it will be 4 of you to celebrate Thanksgiving!!!
Stay well!And stay pregnant for a little while longer!
Lots of wishes:-)