Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas 2008




Well, Christmas is over and it's a brand new year for making some changes in my life and working on some things with the babies I am sort of dreading! One of them being potty training two toddlers. Lilly pretty much knows what going to the potty, instead of in her diaper means. Asher doesn't talk about it as much, but they do both tell us sometimes when they are poopy (as well as when they toot, just so we know) so I guess that is a good start! Another thing I am dreading is breaking them of their pacifiers. I seriously have never seen a baby attached to a pacifier as much as Lilly is. She would keep it in her mouth 24/7, only taking it out to eat, if I would let her. I think I might be dreading that more then potty training! At this point I honestly don't think she would be able to fall asleep without her passy and her blankie both. I am not going to rush either of these issues and give myself the whole year to work on them so I don't stress too much. As far as changes for myself they would include loosing weight, I really hadn't planned on gaining weight after I had the babies, I was supposed to loose! Deepening my relationship with the Lord and being faithful with my quiet times with Him. Read, read and read some more! These are just a few things on the top of my list. Now on to our crazy Christmas...It started with Lilly getting a stomach virus the week before Christmas which we are pretty sure she got from her cousin Evan. The babies and I spent the night with my sister only to have Lilly wake us up at about 4am throwing up! She did that until about 8am and then acted fine the next day. 2 days later Asher got it. We had no idea it was coming, he had been playing the whole day and acting fine and then right before bedtime he crawled up on Brad's lap and started to cry a little. I went and got them both milk to drink before bed and Asher drank it all and about 5 seconds later, up it all came! All over Brad and the couch, we both just sat there in shock and had no idea what to do because there was so much! Ok...enough detail, sorry. So we sat up with Asher until about 2am when he finally fell asleep on Brad's lap. The next day, my sister calls me and her and her husband Tom both have it, then Brad gets it, then me. I didn't have it near as bad as everyone else, never got sick, just felt like I was going to. On to Christmas Eve...Everyone was pretty much over the stomach flu but then Asher woke up Christmas Eve with a nasty cold in which he gave Lilly as well. Oh wait, it's not over!! Christmas morning...I was so excited for the babies to wake up on Christmas morning because I knew this year they were old enough to open presents and be excited. We had wrapped a few presents and left a few sitting out around the tree so they could see them when they first walked in. They usually wake up around 8:30 or 9am, BUT since they were sick, we heard them both crying at 6am, I immediately knew it was not going to be the Christmas morning I had hoped for. We waited to see if they would calm down, but the crying got worse so we just got them up. Two crabby, tired, sick babies, now waking up with pink eye on top of the colds they had. Are you kidding me! So their we were, me, Brad and my mom (she stayed the night to watch the babies open their presents) trying to figure out what to do so the morning's excitement wouldn't be lost. I rocked them for awhile and talked to them about the presents under the tree and how they could open them and about the presents Santa had brought and they slowly came down off my lap to go look. We let them open their gifts and pretty much put them back to bed around 8am. They slept until noon. The day after Christmas we took them to the Dr. for the pink eye and ended up finding out they both also had ear infections and had to get on antibiotics. So their was our Christmas! I am soooo hoping next year will be uuummmm....healthier I guess? I didn't even get any good pictures because I was so stressed and bummed out about all the sickness, but here are a few I can post...sweetness in a box and my little drummer boy. Sorry this blog was so long, I wanted you to get the full effect of how awesome the Beckey Christmas of 2008 was! But what matters most is that God is still God and He is still good despite our yucky couple of weeks. (again, still hoping for a better Christmas in 2009)!

3 comments:

Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Awwww so sorry you were all sick! Good luck with you pt'ing...hehehe and paci....O my. Kaylee loves her sippy just as they love their paci! hahaha

What cute pictures, love the drums!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Anonymous said...

You're such a sweet mommy, Amy ; ). With the pacifier, I pulled the bulb out as far as it would come, then cleanly cut the sucker off. When the girls would pick it up to put it in their mouths, there was nothing there! Of course, they were pretty ticked for the first day, but then got over it pretty quickly. I don't take the blankies away. Emily still has hers and sleeps with it every night : ). Now my friends who have boys and girls said it was much easier and quicker to train the girlies. Their boys were closer to 3 (or over) before they were trained. SO . . . . DON'T STRESS!!!!! They really will be potty trained before they start school! Cassie