Friday, January 16, 2009

First play in the snow











It snowed all day on Wednesday so after the babies nap we went down into the play room and I told them to look out the window at all the snow. Lilly was so excited and started jumping up and down saying "it's snowing , it's snowing"! It was so cute. So I asked them if they wanted to see what snow felt like. I opened the door and told them to touch it and told them it was cold and wet. Lilly was very hesitant and wanted mommy to touch it first, Asher dove right in with both hands of course. I picked some up and put it on Lilly's hand and she giggled. I really had no intentions of taking them out in it because Lilly still needs boots and I wasn't sure where the snow pants were, but I was so excited for them to go out in it so I just found some hand me down boots given to Lilly (not snow boots and they were about 3 sizes too big!) But they worked. I put fleece pants on both of them, gloves, hats and coats and figured I would take them out for a bit. They did more investigating then playing, just walking around watching their boots kick the snow, picking the snow up and watching it stick to their gloves. They wanted mommy to make snowballs, so I did that and let them throw them. I asked them several times if they were cold and wanted to go back in and the answer was NO! Lilly even added "no, I don't like it, I want play in snow". (meaning she doesn't like going back inside). I also told them to try and catch the snowflakes on their tongues. That was really cute! I captured a few great pictures of their experience and can't wait for more! We need to purchase a sled!

2 comments:

April said...

AWWWW how cute!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Thanks for reading my blog, flipflops and applesauce.

Don't we have a gracious God? Sounds like He has blessed both our families beyond what we could have imagined.

Lots of love to you and your family!